Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tighten Up, Mommy!

Now that I'm working hard to get back into shape, all I can think about is fitness and healthy eating. A bit obsessive almost, but with a little one at home it is even more important to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. Anyone else out there agree? 

Another reason for trying to be healthy and active is that I'm unfortunately one of those people who is allergic to everything I breathe and happen to have a weak immune system and find myself sick more often than healthy. I joke with my brothers and sisters-in-law that my husband and I get sick all the time because we are not eating enough preservatives and fast food. I hardly ever meet and unfit person who gets as sick as often as I do. And while I'm not the biggest health nut or organic food follower, I still make it a point to eat healthy and cook healthy alternatives to otherwise very fatty foods (like Hispanic dishes that I love so much). How do you stay healthy? Do you find that eating less processed foods lowers your defenses? 

And what do you do to be active? I recently enrolled in a women's only bootcamp program for the next six months. When I met my husband I was fit and weighed about 108 pounds. Post baby I'm at 120 pounds (my heaviest  and my pre-baby weight). My goal is to go down to between 105 and 108, I have a long way to go. I'm trying my hardest to follow my mean plan and get this weight off but I know it's not going to be easy. What do you do to maintain your weight or lose a few pounds?








No comments:

Post a Comment