Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Baby Hand Problem

So I had read that many babies LOVE to fall asleep with their moms' hands on their face or on their back, and the minute the mom moves it away he/she wakes up. In my many adventures in the little time that I've been a mom I hadn't experienced it, until today. My very active baby was finally giving in to his sleep while mommy carried him, shushing around the house and rocking him (oh yeah! it takes most of the 5 S's for my little one to fall asleep and he's 5 months). And when he finally closed his eyes, I held him for five more minutes and then slowly and carefully put my snuggly baby in the playard for a nap. To my surprise, as I undid my arms little by little he didn't seem to mind. But when it came to my hand, he refused to let go. I gently moved his fingers one by one and in an instant almost woke him up.  I left my hand there for a few more seconds and when I was sure that he was sleeping, I made my move. And success, baby was sleeping and mommy can have dinner before his next feeding.

Sounds intricate doesn't it? Has this happened to you? If so, have you had to leave your hand with your baby to let him/her sleep? Or does your baby have another comfort habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment