Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do moms relax?

Every day I seem to find myself running around from one thing to the next and from one place to another nonstop. My morning routine begins at about 6:30 a.m. and I don't sit down to veg out until my baby is sleeping around 8:30 p.m. As for food, I'm lucky if I eat three full meals a day as time seems to go by faster than I can remember.

I'm sure most of you can relate to this and I'm interested in knowing how other moms relax? Do you get a mani/ pedi once a week? Do you go for a run or take a yoga class? Or is it as simple as watching any of The Real Housewives series? Do you have a glass of wine with friends once a week?

Usually my relaxation routine would include going to bootcamp, ideally a kickboxing cardio class to let out all my stress from the week. But since I've been sick, it's been sitting on the couch to watch whatever RHW series is on. Although I may not particularly like all of them, I feel better knowing that I don't have their kind of problems. Other ways to relax can be as low key as drinking my favorite cup of tea right before going to bed and just sinking into my pillow before I doze off.

On the weekends I look forward to my family mornings taking walks in the park with my husband, son and dog. There is something about the fresh morning air that makes me feel so energized. What do you do on the weekends to forget the stressful week?

3 comments:

  1. For me: cup of Yogi tea! The Sleepytime one.

    I wish I could relax with Yoga but I'm still getting used to my new mommy schedule so the tea is ok for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sleepytime tea (I'm a HUGE tea drinker also)!

    I have yet to take one Yoga class as a new mom as well, it's so challenging to get time for yourself especially when baby comes home with a cold from daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uff, that's a tough one, especially during their first year of life since they're very dependent. These days I go out maybe like once a month with my friends for a girls night out.. well, more like a moms night out. But stick to what helps you relax but re-adjust your expectations. For example, you may be able to do Yoga, but 4x a week might be unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete