Friday, January 20, 2012

Daycare Dilema

Every working mom has the option of putting her baby in daycare or hiring a nanny to come to your house and if you're really lucky you have a family member who can take care of your darling. In my case, daycare worked best. And all was going fine until I heard my son's peer at daycare coughing one of these mornings. Surely enough, the next day he had a cold. His little cold turned into a big cold that both mom and dad caught right away.

Fast forward a few days later and now my husband, the baby and I are all on antibiotics. The cold morphed into an upper respiratory infection that has taken over our lives for the past two months. If there was a group for saline mist addicts I think all three of us would be enrolled as its the only thing that is safe and natural and that seems to calm our congested noses. Oh daycare, you're so convenient yet you are making us all so very sick!

With that in mind, what do you think is the best option for working moms? Do you take your child to daycare or did you decide to reprioritize and make mommyhood your career?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone I know seems to be having babies, including me. And all of us have had the same dilemma about having to balance a career and mommy-hood. Most of the women I know have had to go with the daycare option and every single one has battled a cold within the first few weeks. For me, I'm "lucky" enough to have my husband home for now to watch our 3 month old son as a result of being laid off last month. I am dreading the day that I will have to drop off our baby at daycare and know that he's going to get sick - that's just the reality of it all. -- Christie S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the layoffs, but it seems like your turning lemons into lemonade and taking it as a blessing in disguise which is the best way to approach it. Plus your baby is in great hands and gets some quality time with dad.

      Delete